Ferric is a fabless semiconductor startup company based in New York City that is pioneering an entirely new approach to power delivery for Integrated Circuits and Electronic Assemblies. This approach leverages Ferric’s integration of thin-film magnetic inductors with CMOS technology to enable a significant improvement in the integration density and efficiency of voltage regulators (VRs) compared with current commercially available technologies.
As a Ferric Applications Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for sales and marketing teams. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation and adoption stages of sales and business development processes. Applications engineers must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of product development process. You must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers and all stake holders during the sales and support cycle. As parts of working at Ferric, you will gain exposure to the full product-life of Ferric’s ICs by working with a diverse cross-functional team including IC designers, test engineers, engineering vendors, the fab, and our customers. The position requires a strong background in mixed-signal IC design and test, experience with standard circuit test lab equipment, object oriented programming, and data-analysis skills. Applicants should be self-motivating and possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work well and contribute on a team.
● Maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications
● Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
● Provide design and specification development support to customer, ODMs, CMs, integrators and distributors
● Listen, understand and convey customer requirements
● Provide/perform technical training for sales, customers and engineers at target account
● Design/develop demonstration platform for Ferric products with optimized performance for customer applications
● Assist in design and development of new products by bringing customers’ experiences and feedback in design cycle
● Travel to customer and project sites to help start up, demo and address issues
● Bench-level characterization, and data collection in support of customer and sales requirements of full ICs and IC sub-systems
● Development of technical graphs, charts, specifications to meet customers’ need and general product collaterals
● Development and execution of Python scripts to automate the characterization and data acquisition of key DC-DC power-converter metrics
● Circuit and PCB design (and occasional assembly) of bench-level IC test boards
● Interface with customers to review IC test measurement data and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in EE
● Industry Experience: 0-5 years
● Self-motivated, possessing a willingness to learn and grow with the position, and able to take on full ownership of finding engineering solutions
● Excellent communication skills and effectively be able to share information with others, including Ferric customers
● Strong problem-solving skills, with solid understanding of mixed-signal IC design and test
● Programming Languages: Python, Verilog
● Familiarity with VISA API and SCPI standard for communicating with test equipment
● Familiarity with equipment communication protocols, including USB, RS232, GPIB, etc.
● Lab experience with the following equipment: Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter (DMM), Source Measure Unit (SMU), DC Power Supply Unit (PSU), Electronic Load, Spectrum Analyzer, Opal Kelly, etc.
● Knowledge of DC-DC power-converters/regulators (Buck, Boost, LDO, etc.)
● Software: Cadence Virtuoso Suite, Cadence Allegro, Xilinx ISE, and Linux & Windows operating systems
● Experience with PCB design and assembly, including component selection, soldering, etc.
● Proficient in MS Office
● Available to travel 25%
Preferred/Plus Skills and Experience:
● Education: Master’s Degree in EE
● Industry Experience: 2-5 years of IC test experience
● Customer and sales support experience
● Strong Knowledge of power management requirements of High Performance Computing, and mobile platforms
● Knowledge of automation tools
● Proven project management skills
· ● Ferric is unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status for this position.
● New York, NY
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org